Thursday, March 14, 2013

6.5 Month Update

Well.. I must do a update because today has been a GREAT day for us, Wes! Last week I was devastated after your  6 month well visit. I couldn't believe you had only gained 4 ounces in 2 months and I couldn't make sense of it.  Well, once I calmed down and really started thinking about everything it just wasn't making sense.. your clothes fit tighter, and a lot you have outgrown-since 4 months. You wear a bigger diaper size now. And you just seem heavier! Your pediatrician had talked to me about supplementing with formula.. not something I was planning on doing!! I will supplement if you need it, but I also know that you love bottles so you will probably lose interest in breastfeeding very quickly if you are getting a bottle. So, I got our scale back from a family friend and started weighing you again. I was getting that you weighed 15 pounds 12 ounces. That is a BIG difference and I was worried my scale was just inaccurate.
So, today we went in for a weight check and your mommy was right buddy! You weighed 15 pounds 10 ounces at your check-up. That makes you the 14th percentile which is WAY better than the 4th percentile. The nurse and doctor were so apologetic and could not believe that this all happened. A part of me wanted to be VERY mad but then again... mistakes happen. The good news is that you ARE growing and breastfeeding is still all you need.  It was a good reality check for me as a mom to know that things won't always go my way. I have always just assumed I would breastfeed you for the first year. And, I still plan on that. But.. it might not always happen the way I "plan".  So .. for today I will be happy that things are working and I will trust that God has it all worked out for the future.  I love you sweet boy.
Here is a picture from breakfast this morning. You are so, so precious to your mommy Wes!

1 comment:

Jessica and Chris said...

Always trust your mommy instinct, Les! You know he is happy, healthy and growing just like he is supposed to be. Doctors and nurses always know what they are doing, but even they make mistakes. Thank goodness it was not a big one! Can't wait to see y'all!