Monday, September 9, 2013

Bump Update- First Trimester Review

Well, now that the secret is out I really want to try to write at least every few weeks about this pregnancy so I can remember things. It is fun to look back at my posts about my last pregnancy and compare/contrast things.
Pregnancy Information:

September 9, 2013
13 Weeks
Today officially marks the beginning of the 2nd trimester (WOOHOO!) I am so relieved that the beginning is over. I am going to write about my first trimester today.

Symptoms: 
This pregnancy has been SO different from my pregnancy with Wes. I found out I was pregnant when I was almost 6 weeks. My only real reason I thought "I might be pregnant" was because I was exhausted and taking naps everyday.  I decided to test just in case and those 2 blue lines showed up IMMEDIATELY.  I told Drew and we both felt: happy, surprised, shocked, excited.
haha :)  I really couldn't believe I was pregnant, it was harder to believe than when I got pregnant with Wes because we weren't trying and I wasn't expecting it.
nausea/ morning sickness: Around week 8 I really started feeling morning sickness.. all. day. long. I started gagging all the time to smells and just not feeling good. Thankfully, I never really would throw up I would just feel pretty crummy all day long. This finally started getting a little better around week 10, and is almost non-existent now (week 12)
tired: I have also been SUPER tired, and have been taking full advantage of Wes' naptime! I have started to get my energy back the past week and am really excited about that! As much as I have enjoyed napping at naptime it will be nice to be able to get things done.
hungry : I noticed my appetite increasing around week 9 and have really made myself eat snacks even when it does NOT sound appetizing. I find that usually I will start to feel better a bit after eating (a small snack) even if I don't feel like it. I also have found if I didn't get too full at meals it helped me not feel as nauseous.
emotional: A symptom I really didn't experience with Wes.. this has been a new ballgame! I cry so easily! One night I was crying and laughing at the same time and Drew asked me "Are you crying or are you laughing?" and I said "I don't even know!" haha. At least I can recognize that I am being overly emotional and usually calm myself down.

Cravings:
Something about pregnancy.. makes food taste SO good. haha :)  Some of these have been the same as with Wes!
Chick Fil A chicken sandwich (With extra pickles.. like 20)
Ice water with Lemon (crushed ice)
cheeseburgers
cantalope
bananas with peanut butter
garlic bread
pickles


Best Moment:
Well, out of the whole first trimester I would say the best moment was seeing baby (again) last week. I actually have already had 3 sonograms. I went to my old OB the day after I found out I was pregnant and she did a sonogram (I was almost 6 weeks) we saw baby and the heartbeat but it was slow (she was not concerned since it was so early) Then at 9.5 weeks I saw my new OB (My old OB is sadly not delivering right now, she has little kids and wants to be at home more). She recommended my new OB and they are very similar so I am glad I like her too :) I still miss Dr. Blackwell though! Anyways, my new OB, Dr. Leah, did a sonogram and we saw baby at 9.5 weeks. Then, at 11 weeks I went back to my new OB and saw a tech who preformed a end of first trimester ultrasound. This one was much more detailed and I LOVED watching that sweet baby move all around. She said our baby is REALLY into sucking their thumb :) It was so cute it just kept putting that thumb in it's mouth.

Another great moment.. over the past weekend I started feeling those little flutters. I was unsure at first but now know for sure that is what it is. It feels so awesome and I am just so grateful to the Lord for this sweet little baby.

Looking Forward to:
In about a month we will find out if baby is a BOY or a GIRL! Woohoo.. I am so so ready to know!

And here is a Week 12 bump picture. This baby bump is growing FAST.


No comments: